Brooke’s Shepherd’s Pie
In honor of St.Patrick's Day, here is a healthy spin on the traditional Irish dish, Shepherd's Pie.
Write a review
- 1 lb. grassfed ground beef or chicken, turkey, pork…almost any ground meat will work
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 T each rosemary, sage and thyme
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped and boiled in water until soft
- 2 T raw butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- In a deep-sided, oven safe saute pan(I use an iron skillet) add the ground beef and saute on medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat/grease and return the beef to the pan. Add the onions, garlic, carrots and peas and cook until softened. Turn the heat off and toss in the herbs along with some salt and pepper.
- In a blender or food processer, add cauliflower, butter, and salt to taste and blend until smooth.Spoon the mixture on top of the meat and press into an even layer with your spatula.
- Bake in the oven, on the middle rack, for 20 minutes. Let it sit a few minutes before serving.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas http://360yourlife.com/