Moroccan Vegetable Quinoa
This was the first time trying a Moroccan dish and I will definitely be making more Moroccan spiced dishes! I added shredded chicken breast for my husband, but I had the veggie version like below. Let us know if you try it and if you add any additions.
Write a review
- 2 carrots, peeled and halved length wise and diced into 1-inch sections
- 2 medium yellow or zucchini squash, half-moon sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup organic chicken broth
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + more for tossing vegetables
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss carrots, zucchini, and onion in a bowl with EVOO, salt, and black pepper then transfer vegetables to a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until tender.
- Combine broth, honey, EVOO, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, and red pepper flakes in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa and vegetables and mix until well combined. Pour the sauce mixture onto the quinoa and mix until all is well covered.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas http://360yourlife.com/