My girls and I are on a baking kick! With the cooler weather and halloween coming up, we are drawn to the kitchen for some yummy treats! Of course, we only want to make the healthiest treat though. After much experiment, I feel like I have the most delicious and seriously healthy cookie recipe! I am so excited about these!
These cookies are gluten free, low sugar and have great protein from our Shaklee protein and nuts! I’m especially excited about one ingredient: Coconut Flour. You can now find this at your health store or grocery store’s organic section. It’s great for gluten free baking!
Please try it and let me know how it comes out for you?
- 3/4 Cup and 2 Tbs. of brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of Shaklee protein
- 3/4 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp. of stevia
- 3 organic free range eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of organic dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of walnuts/pecans chopped (optional), or try macadamia nuts!
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Blend the butter and sugars until fluffy and well mixed.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla in a seperate bowl mix the flours and baking soda.
- Add this to butter/egg mix until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in choc. chips and nuts (if using) drop the dough by the tsp or roll into balls on cookie sheet. Bake about 8-12 minutes.
Just 20 minutes after eating these, my girls fell asleep with happy dreams of healthy cookies!