Vegan Detox Stew
This is one of those recipes I came up with by throwing whatever veggies and spices I had in my pantry and fridge and it came out amazing! Don’t be afraid to experiment and add whatever veggies you like! This stew is great in the winter, during holidays in between all the indulging and also works in the summer because it’s so light. A good option if you have Vegan guests.
Write a review
- 1 box of organic veggie broth
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- (you could also use a pint of baby portobello
- mushrooms, chopped)
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped (including the stems)
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups or (1) 15 ounce can of black beans
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- fresh parsley
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Chop, dice and wash all veggies.
- 2. Throw everything in crock pot.
- 3. Cook on low for 6 hours or
- 3-4 hours on high.
- I use Eden Foods canned beans because they are BPA free. If you use canned beans, make sure to rinse them prior to use. This will remove quite a bit of the salt. And check the label! Ideally, there would just be water, a small amount of salt, and the vegetable. You would be surprised at how many additives and extras some manufacturers add to beans.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas http://360yourlife.com/