I love living in North Carolina where we have beautiful weather all year long. Since I’m a Florida native, I get so excited when NC gets snow, and this week, we got almost 10 inches! With my husband and daughters snowed in with me, I am taking full advantage of building a snowman and sledding with them, plus I’m making special, healthy meals and treats for them.
For breakfast, I decided to make a new pancake recipe based on a recipe from my dear friend Gilda who makes the most awesome pancakes ever! My daughter Riley decided to write down Gilda’s ingredients so we wouldn’t forget The only ingredient she forgot to write down was Vegan Chocolate Chips!
Here is how I made these incredible Gluten Free, Protein-Packed Chocolate Chip Pancakes that I served my family this morning.
- 1 cup of Gluten Free Pancake Mix (like Namaste brand or Pamela's brand)
- 1 cup Shaklee plant-based protein
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Gluten-Free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1.5 Cup of Flax Milk or Coconut Milk
- Mix all ingredients together until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mix into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Optional: you can pour a little maple syrup over the pancakes if you wish.
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free