Almond Milk is a staple in our home. Have you ever tried to make your own? Below is a recipe that is very satisfying to make from scratch or you can just add the ingredients from your store bought items. This is great to enjoy year round, but especially in the summer!
There are so many benefits in this refreshing drink! The creamy almond milk is rich in antioxidant vitamin E, high in beta-carotene and oxygenating magnesium that have benefits of supple skin as well as a great immune booster! With an infusion of apricots this delish drink will make you feel amazing!
- 1 cup almonds(soaked for 8 hours in filtered water, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of clean water
- 3 apricots, (pit removed and cut into quarters)
- 1 TBL of Raw honey
- 1 TBL of Maple Syrup
- 1 TSP of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- Pinch of sea salt.
- Place nuts in a high speed blender(I LOVE the Blendtec) and blend until smooth, pour through a mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, return strained milk to blender and add the apricots and other ingredients above and blend at high speed until very smooth!
- Take 4 cups of store bought organic vanilla almond milk, 3 apricots with pit removed, 2 cups of ice, pinch of sea salt, 1TBL of Maple Syrup and 1 TBL of Raw honey and put all into blender and blend and enjoy!
- Dairy Free, Gluten-Free, Raw