Sweet Potato Mash
We love sweet potatoes in my house! They are a great alternative to regular, starchy, white potatoes. Sweet potatoes are packed with beta-carotene that is a potent antioxidant and also packed with fiber to help with digestion. Around the holidays, sweet potatoes are typically used in casseroles or topped with butter and sugar. This Sweet Potato Mash uses the good fats of coconut milk and the sweetness of cinnamon and ginger to make a healthy version of a holiday favorite.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 pounds medium sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes then boil until tender. Drain water from potatoes. Using an electric mixer, beat potatoes until fluffy or use a potato masher to mash.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey, beat again
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, beat againTransfer the sweet potatoes to a medium microwaveable bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher. Add coconut milk, ginger, cinnamon and salt; stir well. Reheat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Heart Healthy, Cancer Fighting Foods
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas http://360yourlife.com/