Are you feeling bloated or fatigued? What I am about to share with you could be exactly what you have been searching for! When watching one of my favorite documentaries, Food Matters a few years ago, I was informed about Colonic Therapy or hydrocolontherapy. I was extremely interested, so I decided to look for someone in my area and try it out. I learned how vitally important colonics are to our health.
I have been thrilled with my results from my colonics. The energy that I gain and feel after a colonic is amazing. My stomach becomes flatter and I feel “detoxed” for sure! Most people want to try it, but they don’t know enough about it and are apprehensive of trying it themselves. I know I was at first! I have had several friends and family members try this over the past few years since I gave it a try, and they love their results too! I wanted to share this and help answer some of your questions about colonic therapy so you can be informed and encouraged to find a Hydrocolontherapist near you. If you live near me, I have the BEST contact for you!
It goes by many names.. let me give you some of them: Colon Hydrotherapy, Colon Irrigation, Colonics, Colon Therapy or High Enemas.
Colonic is not a cure, but it is a valuable procedure for a variety of colon conditions. A toxic bowel is the source of many health problems. Colonic may rejuvenate every cell of the body. A Colonic session cleanses and hydrates the colon, exercises the colon muscles, and may reshape the colon and stimulate reflex points. In addition, it helps to release toxins, cleanse the blood, empower the immune system and restore the PH balance in the body, as well as re-hydrate the whole body.
Why Do People Receive Colon Hydrotherapy?
• Athletes have opted for colon therapy to improve metabolic efficiency.
• Many receive the treatments during a period of lifestyle change or as a preventive measure.
• Another group manifests symptoms of intestinal distress: constipation (some from prescription drugs), carbohydrate indigestion, diarrhea, gas, bloat, hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, diverticulitis, colitis, parasites, skin conditions such as psoriasis, shingles, and eczema, inability to lose weight, and scar tissue and adhesions from surgery.
• Another group is pain motivated; abdominal pain, continuous headaches and migraines, back or shoulder pain, aching joints, gout.
• A number of clients are immune-compromised with lupus, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, cancer, chronic fatigue, Epstein-Barre, candida, infections, colds or influenza.
• Colon hydrotherapy sessions are used for medical reasons: pre- and post-surgery or barium x-ray, stool samples, and geriatric.
• A number come in during a fast, a cleansing program, a raw food diet, a liver and /or gallbladder flush, or recovering from an accident.
• Some are working on emotional issues which they feel are physiologically rooted in their intestines.
What are physical signs that you might need this?
Some signs of a toxic colon are: coated tongue, bad breath, sallow complexion, abnormal body odor, dark circles under eyes, cold hands and feet, brittle nails and hair, sagging posture (pot belly), tension, fatigue, allergies, indigestion, chronic headaches, irritability, nervousness, nausea, depression, asthma and backaches. This sounds like a miserable person! But there’s HOPE!!!
1. Cleanse the Colon: Breaks down toxic excrement so it can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination. Toxins built up over a long period are gently removed in a series of treatments. Your colon can begin to co-operate again as it was intended. In this sense, a colonic is a rejuvenation treatment.
2. Exercise the Colon Muscles: The build-up of toxins weakens the colon and impairs its functioning. The gentle filling and emptying of the colon improves peristalsis (muscular contraction) by which the colon naturally moves material. Having Colonics is like taking your colon to the gym.
3. Reshape the Colon: When problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter its shape because the colon is a muscle and it will enlarge to the build up of toxins not being released. That in turn causes more problems. The gentle action of the water, coupled with massage techniques of the colon therapist, help to eliminate bulging pockets of poop and narrowed, spastic constrictions finally enabling the colon to resume its natural state.
4. Stimulated Reflex Points in the Colon: The colon is connected to every system and organ in the body by reflex points. The colonic stimulates these points thereby affecting the corresponding body parts in a beneficial way. Thus creating overall well-being and health in the body.
5. Hydration of the Whole Body: Water is absorbed into the body through the colon which increases the volume of blood. The circulation of the blood is increased, resulting in a greater bathing of the cells. This dilutes the toxins and flushes them out relieving toxemia and uremia and increasing elimination both through the kidneys and the skin, as well as the bowels. All this generally assists the cardiovascular and circulatory systems to be more efficient.
What are the Benefits Of Colon Hydrotherapy?
1. Compression of neighboring organs disappears or attenuates when volume reduces in the colon. Relaxing effect on organs above intestines such as the liver, heart, and lungs. Sensation of lightness may be experienced.
2. Reduces pressure in the intra-abdominal area which improves venous return from lower extremities and pelvic zone. Relaxes pressure on the hips and lumbar column and is beneficial to their mobility. Relaxes abdominal muscles from the action of water temperature and massage that accompany the colonic. Increases abdominal muscle tone due to reducing intestinal residues.
3. Stimulates peristaltic action of intestines restoring normal muscle tone and therefore removal of constipation. Potential to correct intestinal transit problems such as constipation and diarrhea without resorting to prescription drugs.
4. Sensation of well being due to the elimination of mucus, alimentary remainders not digested, gases and toxic bacteria. Relieves inflammation and edema due to elimination of irritating substances.
5. Expels parasites due to alternating water temperatures and complementary additives to colonic water such as garlic and other vermifuge (parasite killing) herbs. Decreases demineralization of body because it improves metabolism.
6. Relieves gynecological disorders such as cystitis and dysmenorrhea due to reduction of a prolapsed intestine. Reduces risk of complications after surgery because it reinforces natural immunity. We can suppose colon hydrotherapy improves functions of the large intestines, lymph and nervous system because a relation exists between them in the GI tract.
7. Reduces weight and slims due to activating elimination. Creates an increase in mental capacity and rejuvenation since it decreases the degenerative process, normal or accelerated, by removing toxic substances that affect biological aging.
What types of systems are there? And which one is best for me?
Tony Robbins has this system in his Fiji Wellness Centre. Its called the LIBBE Device. It’s hydrocolontherapy. Most machines out there are dated and don’t work like the LIBBE Machine. After much research, I realized this is the BEST machine and most up-to-date device for a Colonic treatment. But, for you to make the decision for yourself, here is a little about the 2 types of systems.
2 Types of Colonic Equipment:
open system -vs- closed system
There are basically two different types of equipment available for administering colonics, open systems & closed systems. There are many different manufacturers of colonic equipment, but all systems are either open or closed. Before deciding to have a colonic, it is helpful to understand the basic differences between the two equipment types. It is also helpful when choosing a colon therapist to know which type of equipment they are using.
The CLOSED System:
With a closed system the client lies on a table similar to a massage table & the equipment is usually plumbed into a cabinet attached to a nearby wall. The therapist then inserts a speculum into the client’s rectum & attaches one end of a disposable hose to the speculum & the other end is attached to the equipment. A pressurized stream of water is then delivered through the attached hose & into the colon. When the colon is filled & pressure reaches maximum levels the therapist manually drains the colon back through the same hose. Water pressure & temperature within the colon must be monitored constantly to avoid leakage or perforation, requiring the constant attention of the therapist.
This type of system is generally the better choice for clients who have spinal injuries or other conditions causing a loss of control of the anal sphincter muscle.
The OPEN System: (such as the LIBBE DEVICE)
With an open system the client lies on a molded fiberglass table that looks like a recliner. The form-fitted table has a basin cut into it & a small, disposable rectal tube, about the size of a pencil is attached at one end. After demonstrating to the client how to gently insert the tube, the therapist leaves the room, providing total privacy for the client. The therapist returns when the client is ready & begins a gentle, continuous flow of gravity-fed water through the rectal tube & into the client. The therapist returns after the client has inserted the tube & begins a gentle, continuous flow of gravity-fed water through the rectal tube & into the client. When the client feels full, they simply push out & the rectal tube automatically moves to one side within the rectum allowing the softened matter to flow out. It then flows down a drain in the bottom of the basin & past a three inch clear viewing tube. An odor exhaust system ensures the room remains odor free at all times. The therapist remains in the room & provides instruction during the first session, but private time can be provided during future sessions.
This type of system is very gentle and is usually the better choice for clients who have had bowel surgery or any type of bowel disease. The open system is generally regarded as more comfortable and private than the closed system.
What is the LIBBE system? The LIBBE device open system is considered to be the Rolls Royce of colonic treatment devices, providing more privacy, dignity and efficacy while offering the client a more relaxing, safe and comfortable treatment session. This system allows the client and/or therapist more control of their treatment. One distinct advantage with the LIBBE device is the pencil-thin rectal tube, which clients find extremely comfortable. One of the key factors is that your privacy is protected at all times, since the specially designed bed allows you to easily insert the lubricated thin rectal tube by yourself. Many people find this deeply reassuring and comforting. Once the water flow is turned on, there is no need to interrupt the cleanse. Your colon will gently take in as much water as it can tolerate. When you feel the need to evacuate, you simply release. Because of the continuous inflow and release during the treatment, the body’s own muscles are used to provide a more natural, gentle release. At the same time, the peristalsis (action of the muscles of the colon) is greatly stimulated and this provides an excellent workout for the colon. Because of the nature of the LIBBE device, the therapist does not need to be there with you all the time. This affords you as much privacy as you may desire.
Is colonic therapy painful? Only in the case of an impacted colon you may experience a slight discomfort. Some cramping may occur as the colon contracts to expel waste. Once the major impaction is removed, you will find the session pleasant and relaxing.
Is it embarrassing? No! Your dignity is completely maintained with proper draping in a private room. The odor during your bowel movements does not exist with the FDA Registered Colon Hydrotherapy Devices.
How often should I have this procedure? You will likely be encouraged to have “one today, and one tomorrow” for your first treatment. The reason for this is the human body is smart! When we clean out the colon, the body starts pulling waste out of the tissues and putting them into the blood stream. The waste heads to the liver and back to the colon. The second session on the second day is necessary for the digested waste to be eliminated rather than absorbed back to the colon. The second week, it’s recommended the same amount, for the same reason. Then, the following 8 weeks should be once a week.
Where do I find this system? You can go to http://www.colonic.net/ and search your State and City to find someone near you. I was so lucky to find someone just down the street from me. She is the only one in North Carolina. If you live near Lake Norman or Charlotte, NC, I suggest you give this a try! Here’s Jaymie’s information.
ALL NATURAL COLONHYDROTHERAPY
379 Blume Rd
Mooresville, NC 28117
Cert. Level: Advanced Level
National Board Certification: Yes
Hopefully this answers some of your questions regarding this subject. I encourage you to look into this! You will feel like a new person. It was the best experience!
What are some other things I can do for colon health? You can take care of your intestines by taking a few supplements that continually clean out and keep your system happy.
Try HerbLax! Herb-Lax contains an enhanced proprientary blend, including Senna leaf, which has been used for thousands of years as a natural laxative, plus other complementary herbs.
Also, your body needs a great Prebiotic and Probiotic such as Optiflora. Optiflora is a unique, two-product system (Optiflora Prebiotic Complex and Optiflora Probiotic Complex) that provides dietary support for the normal, healthy balance of intestinal microflora. Together, this system promotes colon health by supporting the growth of healthy microflora naturally found in the colon.* It also delivers guaranteed live probiotics Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus, along with the prebiotics FOS and inulin and provides gammatocopherol, a nutrient associated with colon health.
Sources: http://hydrotherapiesplus.com, http://www.colonic.net/faqs.asp, Booklet, “Are you a Toxic Waste Site” by William T. Tiller, ND, http://www.fountainofhealth.com