Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
Another great recipe from Ivy Larson from Clean Cuisine! I just love her recipes!! She gives us a healthy version of the traditional pumpkin pie that you long for during this holiday season!
Write a review
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds (such as Barlean’s “Forti-Flax”)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (if you aren’t familiar with hemp seeds read more HERE)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 15 ounces Libby’s Canned Pumpkin (or look for an organic canned pumpkin OR better yet, roast a fresh pumpkin!)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3 organic, pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flaxseeds, dates and hemp seeds in a high speed blender (such as a Vita Mix) or food processor. Pulse to mix until ingredients are well blended (you may need to stop and start the blender or food processor several times to stir ingredients.) Add the remaining ingredients and continue pulsing and processing until everything is well blended and mixture becomes moist and “crumb-like.”
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish with extra virgin coconut oil. Using your hands, spread the ingredients out evenly on the bottom of the pie dish. Pack down.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pie dish and bake.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, freshly grated ginger, cinnamon, all-spice and cloves in a bowl. Stir in eggs. Gradually add coconut milk. Stir ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Bake in the middle rack in the center of the oven for about 1 hour (or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.) Set pumpkin on wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Note: I think pumpkin pie tastes best super cold. I like to refrigerate mine and serve it cold.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas http://360yourlife.com/