Happy Tummy Lasagne
Write a review
- 6 zucchinis, thinly sliced the long way with a mandolin slicer
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lbs. grass-fed beef
- 2 cups diced roma tomatoes
- 1 6-oz. can organic tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tbsp. black pepper
- Cheese of choice (optional)
- Prep a 9-x-11 glass baking dish and preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in EVOO for 3 minutes. Add ground beef and brown. Add diced roma tomatoes, tomato paste and dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Start layering your glass dish with your first zucchini layer. You can overlap the zucchini slices. Add some of the meat over the zucchini layer. Continue to layer meat and zucchini slices ending with the meat as the top and final layer. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add your cheese of choice (optional). I prefer goat cheese to top it off.
- Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas http://360yourlife.com/