Not Your Momma's Sugar Cookies - Gluten-Free
These sugar cookies are great for anytime of year, but especially during the holidays when kids want to cut out cute, festive shapes! These cookies are sweetened with honey and almond extract, so that you will never miss the sugar! Riley loved decorating these with frosting, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries!
Write a review
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour/Meal
- 4 tablespoons raw butter, softened (or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Optional Frosting Recipe: Dairy Free Coconut Whipped Frosting or Almond Icing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together until a batter of thick, creamy consistency is formed.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or flat surface of choice (we used a cutting board and then transferred to a baking sheet), pat out (or roll) dough and cut into desired shapes. You can also use a cookie scooper to scoop balls of cookies, then lightly flattened with a fork.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Cool before frosting or icing the cookies.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas http://360yourlife.com/