1. Shaklee Get Clean Water Pitcher
A fresh take on healthier water, Get Clean Water‘s multipatented water filtration system has been certified to reduce 56 contaminants and delivers cleaner, healthier water for you and your family. Saves 1,200 plastic bottles from the landfill!
Beats the leading Brands
- Certified to reduce 9X as many contaminants as Brita® and 2X as many as PUR®2
- Certified to reduce lead (Brita and PUR are not)
- Certified to filter 80 gallons – 2X as many as Brita and PUR
The Smart Choice
- Costs only pennies a gallon
- First automatic pitcher meter that shows gallons filtered
- First ever pitcher with refillable carbon-block filter system
All of Shaklee’s products are GREEN! They are considered “Leaders in the Environmental Movement”! You can check out the GetClean line of cleaners that are non-toxic for your family and the most environmentally safe around. Now is a great time to join in with this amazing company since they are offering a FREE membership for a purchase of only $30. That’s a savings of $19.95, as well as 15% off all their products for life! Now is the time to get your home toxic free and care for our earth!
Why are gDiapers so green? No landfill required.
50 million diapers get tossed each day and each one takes up to 500 years to biodegrade. Ick! Home compost, toss, or flush the biodegradable gRefill for the smallest footprint on earth. gDiapers break down in 50-150 days.
The most eco-friendly diaper available, gDiapers provides parents with a diapering solution that is good for babies, parents and the planet. You can have the flexibility of a disposable diaper with a 100% biodegradable gRefill, or opt for reusability with super soft and trim-fitting gCloth inserts. gDiapers are plastic-free, elemental chlorine free, latex free, and perfume free.
Use a biodegradable gRefill or re-usable gCloth inside our newborn tiny gPants and our cotton little gPants. All materials are breathable, just like sports clothing, so babies are far less likely to get diaper rash. And did we mention they’re cute? Babies can flaunt their eco-friendly diapers in a rainbow of adorable colors. Because green diapers don’t need to be bland.
3. Jewelry from Sanctuary of Davidson
So we know there is waste and there are products we use filling up our landfills and causing our earth much pain. But there’s an amazing local art gallery using some of these products in a smart and creative way to “recycle” them into works of art! It is the art gallery Sanctuary of Davidson! It’s located right off Main Street!
They are creating incredible jewelry made out of aluminum cans! You can purchase their art by stopping by their art gallery or shopping conveniently online. Make your fashion statement an earth friendly one!
As a kid tip, next time they want to throw something away, ask “how can we use this as something else?”. This encourages our creative children to find new ways to use something “old”. Our daughter is enjoying doing this lately!!
4. Fashionable Reusable Grocery Bags
What’s the simplest way to make the planet clean, green and healthy?
Eliminating plastic, in grocery bags, water bottles and other plastic convenience items, is one of the greenest actions residents can take to lower their eco-footprint. About 2.5 million plastic bags are used every hour in the U.S., a single plastic bag can take up to 1,000 years to degrade and every square mile of ocean has about 46,000 pieces of plastic floating in it.
There are some really cute bags that you can find! I like to shop at Healthy Home Market for mine. You can express yourself in so many ways and be “green” at the same time!
5. Annies Eats and Back to Nature Snacks
You can find these at your local grocery store, but I love shopping for them at Healthy Home Market! These two products are considered “Green Companies”. By this I mean they are made with earth friendly packaging and many core values & great philosophies of business such as:
Annies’ Core values are the following:
- Annie’s is real, authentic, and trusted by consumers. As a company we strive to build upon this legacy with every decision we make.
- Annie’s only makes products that taste great; they delight our consumers.
- Annie’s uses only simple natural and organic ingredients, no icky additives or pesky preservatives.
- Annie’s sources only from places and people we trust, with high emphasis on quality, as well as agricultural and environmental sustainability. We believe in transparency.
- Annie’s is a socially responsible company, and through our actions and programs, we spread awareness and act as a positive role model for consumers and other businesses to do the same.
- Annie’s and its valued employees treat consumers, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and each other, with the same high degree of respect, fairness, & honesty that we expect of others.
Back to Nature’s Philosophy is:
- Happiness Food should make you smile
- Connection Food should connect you to family, community and the planet
- Simplicity Food should be uncomplicated, deliciously simple
- Natural Ingenuity Food should be made with the finest ingredients
We love these products. If you’re going to buy something from a “box” these are 2 companies that we love!!!