Brooke's Superfood Naked Burrito
The typical American diet lacks important mircronutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are found in whole-food, fruits, vegetables, and whole-grains. A diet that is rich in these important nutrients will help prevent serious chronic diseases, reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, burn body fat, promote digestion, improve immune function, and protect against everyday toxins. The typical burrito is filled with a heaping of unhealthy ingredients and wrapped in a nutrient-poor tortilla. This recipe is filled with superfoods, whole-grains, and some really yummy flavor that will help you get some of the micronutrients that your body needs! It's a burrito you can't pass up!
Write a review
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 ⅓ cup black beans
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup kale, de-ribbed and thinly chopped
- 8 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 2 cups sprouts (alfalfa or sunflower)
- 2 cups of salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- Blue or Veggie Baked Tortilla Chips (optional)
- Layer your individual bowls with ingredients separated evenly in each in the following order.
- Add cooked quinoa, cooked black beans, lettuce, spinach, kale, salsa, avocado, Greek yogurt, and sprouts.
- Mix ingredients in the bowl and enjoy!
- Top with crushed blue chips.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas http://360yourlife.com/