Eating on the road does not have to drag you down. So many times we can get bogged down with the food that we choose to eat on the road or while traveling. Preparation is key! Here are some tips to stay healthy while you travel:
1) Always travel with food. If you are a “snacker” and like to have food while you travel, do not wait until you are starving and grab the junk food at the airport, gas station, or fast food restaurant – pack food to have in those situations.
My Favorite Travel Foods:
- Nuts and Seeds (almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- Shaklee meal and snack bars
- Dried fruit (apricots, banana chips, cranberries)
- Whole fruit (apples, oranges, bananas)
- Dark Chocolate Chips
2) Pack your dip. You can always put your favorite healthy salad dressing or hummus in a 3 ounce travel container to take with you. It is always easy to find salads and veggies when you get to your destination or even in the airport.
3) Exercise. Exercising while traveling can be so easy. You do not need equipment to break a sweat! Try doing a BURST workout in your hotel room or utilizing the hotel fitness center. You can use a chair to do dips, water bottles to do curls, squats to work your legs, and jumping jacks for cardio – all in your hotel room. If you are waiting in the airport, walk around instead of sitting.
4) Load up on nutrients. The reality is that in most parts of the work, a fully balanced diet simply is not available. Traveling can really wear you down, especially if you are deficient in your diet. Taking a whole-food multi-vitamin can give you energy and make sure you are feeling your best for your trip. I also recommend taking a B Complex vitamin for even more energy! I get all of my vitamins here.
5) Look your best too. How you look directly impacts how you feel. Make sure you are taking care of your skin while you are on the go.
My Favorite Healthy Beauty-To-Go Picks:
- 3.4 ounce container with coconut oil (use it as an allover moisturizer, makeup remover and even a hair conditioner.
- Shaklee SPF 30 Sunblock
- Small Aromatherapy Candle to help ground you in your new location (my favorite is Volupsa Candle available on Amazon for $16.96)
- Shaklee Enfuselle C & E Repair Serum to keep me feeling fresh and renewed after a long day of travel.