Aren’t all Vitamins the Same?
Why can’t I just get the cheap ones?
Don’t they all do the same thing?
There is such a huge difference between buying a synthetic vitamin and a whole-food vitamin. The biggest difference is the way you feel. So many times I hear people say that they don’t feel different on the vitamins they are taking. There IS a reason. This is because usually the vitamin they are taking is synthetic and potentially toxic to the body. The live enzyme in the synthetic vitamin never existed, therefore your body does not benefit from the vitamin.
I truly believe that you “get what you pay for.” I also believe that what you put into your body needs to be the highest quality that is available. So many times, we miss the mark of where to spend our money. We will pay $5.00 for a cup of Starbucks coffee, but will complain about spending an extra $1.00 on organic food. It is the same for vitamins. If you truly want to feel different and put a supplement that is going to feed and improve your cell’s health, it needs to be an organic, whole food vitamin.
Below is a list of the 3 types of vitamins and where you would find them:
1. Test Tube or Synthetic (Usual drug storeor discount store vitamins)–made in a test tube in a lab, to resemble the real thing. This is toxic to the body and does more harm than good.
**Imagine a Plastic Lemon from the store with juice in it. This type is the Plastic lemon with NO juice. That is basically what you are eating if you take this type of vitamin.
- No enzymes
- Inorganic substances
- Side effects
- Can actually be more harmful to your health to take!
2. Crystalline or Extracted (**Usually a health food store variety)–These start out natural, but are heated through the processing, so all live enzymes are killed. You end up with a partially live vitamin, if live at all. Most of these have harsh binders and fillers, plastic coatings, and some contain tar.
**This is the Plastic Lemon with juice. IF you can get past the plastic coating, there is a little bit of real stuff in there. However, the juice has been heated so it’s not really like drinking it fresh squeezed.
- Weak enzymes
- Uses chemical and heat extraction
- Organic substances (low quality raw materials)
- Harsh binder and fillers
3. Natural / Unaltered (**Shaklee food supplementsand other whole food supplements)–Cold pressed to extract the vitamins, all enzymes remain alive so you get something as close to nature as possible
**This is the REAL lemon…unaltered and fresh. What’s inside is alive and natural.
- Strong enzymatic action
- Low heat, low pressure process
- Organic substances
- Feeds and improves cell’s health
- Contains essential unknown nutrients
**X brands need only 10% natural ingredients to legally be classified as “All-Natural.” Shaklee food supplements are 100% natural!
For the reasons above, my family has chosen Shaklee supplements. My husband and I both take the RX for a Healthier life and truly feel the difference! We both have sustained energy through the day and don’t get that afternoon energy lapse like we used to. An extra bonus is that Shaklee also has the best products for my children! It is so important that we start a great foundation at a young age to give our children the best possible start in life!