Some people, even my trainer friends, seem to think that eating whole foods and exercising is enough for great health. It’s definitely a great start! Unfortunately, in today’s world…so much of our environment has caused our foods to be lower in nutrition that we actually NEED to “supplement” to receive our daily nutrition.
In reality, even the healthiest among us rarely have the time or the resources to eat perfectly every day. We can juice, blend, and garden all day long.. but in our day in life, it’s not common to have the time to truly ingest all the nutrients we need. This isn’t even considering the poor quality of our soil and where and when our food has been harvested.
So we turn to a multivitamin. The temptation is to go to the local big box store and buy a box of vitamins we think is both economical and sufficient for us. This is where we make the wrong turn down a road of great danger. You’re throwing your money away as well as hurting yourself in the long run.
In a recent blog by Dr. Mercola, he makes a few points that I agree with about “fake” supplements and why we need to avoid them at all costs!
Why You Should Avoid Synthetic Isolates Like the Plague…
In my opinion, if you shop for your supplements at discount stores you may be seriously shortchanging yourself because those products typically use cheap synthetic isolates.
Millions gorge themselves on synthetic vitamins, only to acquire and die from degenerative diseases.
You see, isolated vitamins are partial vitamins, combined with other chemicals. They’re a low-end alternative to whole, real complete food.
When you remove a part from the whole, you get ‘Synthetic,’ ‘Isolated,’ or ‘Fractionated’ pieces of the whole, but it’s simply not the same.
There are four problems with synthetic vitamins…
- Nature intended for you to consume food in WHOLE form because all the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes are together in one package. They work synergistically to give your body the nutrition it requires for optimal health.
- Your body only absorbs a small percentage of an isolate form of vitamins and minerals – and it utilizes even less. You get the best bioavailability in whole food form.
- Synthetic vitamins often give you massive quantities of some nutrients (usually the most inexpensive ones) and insufficient quantities of others, not balance.
- You can experience side effects of synthetic isolates from the additives and the unnatural state of the synthetic supplement.
Don’t let your multivitamin add to the collateral damage.
So, where do you turn now? Well, you need to look for a multivitamin that you can trust, is safe, is complete, and is pure. I have found that Shaklee is the one for me and my family.
Shaklee stands behind their products 100%. Whatever you purchase from them, they offer your money back if you find it’s not right for you. Their promise is to be…
• No artificial flavors
• No artificial sweeteners
• No dyes or trans fats
• No hidden fillers
• No animal testing
• No banned substances
• No Chlorine Bleach
• Over 80,000 annual quality control tests
• Guaranteed potency—third party verification of botanical ingredients
• Guaranteed purity—350 contaminant tests conducted on EACH new botanical ingredient
• 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
• $250 million invested in testing research and development
• 70 published clinical studies
• 60 Shaklee scientists
• 55 patents and patents pending
In the 50th Anniversary Landmark Study showed that Shaklee long-term supplements users have markedly better health than those who took only a multivitamin or no supplement at all.
If you’re starting out, I suggest you try the Vitalizer Pack. It’s a complete strip of vitamins that will cover your whole body. In this one strip you will receive 80 bio-optimized nutrients specialized for either women or men. Of course, as you have certain needs, you may need to add on to this pack, but for the average person, this is a great start!!
You can now join Shaklee as a member for free (a savings of $19.95) when you purchase the Vitalizer. This gives you 15% off all your future Shaklee purchases for life!! You don’t have anything to lose. Try this out, and if you don’t feel better in 30 days, they’ll refund your money!
Keep on track eating all the great fruits and veggies out there! Juice, Cook, and Garden!!
Keep working out and strengthening your body! You’re doing great!
But please, do NOT take a fake vitamin!
Contact me today, if you need more information!