It happens every. single. time. Every time I check my Facebook page and see a picture of one of you making one of my recipes I almost get choked up with excitement and my heart fills with gratitude! I am so thankful for the journey God guided me on to get here. Thankful I am helping others find their way to live healthy and love life. Thankful to have overcome my own fears in the kitchen to feel empowered to create. Sometimes I can’t believe it!
As I looked at the pictures from the last few weeks I decided to share what I learn from these pictures along with some of your favorite recipes that have never been on my website before so that you could share them with others!
Sometimes your pictures help me feel connected to you. Like this one from my friend, Jeanine Massimini Mihalak. We both made the same recipe in the same week! My three Bean chili
I’m OBSESSED with the crockpot this time of year and my go to is always my amazing friend Brooke Thomas’s Thankful 30 Crockpot book. I love this little book because it fits right in my purse so I can get everything I need at the store w/o having to make a list and the recipes are super simple, easy, healthy and DELICIOUS!! YUMMY!
- 1 lb grass fed beef, browned and drained
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can white kidney or pinto beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2, 8 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 1 cup organic beef broth
- 1 TBSP Chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Brown beef on the stove, drain
- Transfer to crock pot
- Set on low 8-9 hours
- If you can find Bison and want to try a buffalo chili this is a good recipe to do that. Bison is one of the leanest meats high in protein.
Amber White: Dinner is on! 15 minute prep time or so and this one is a family favorite! Now off to run errands… Thanks Brooke Thomas.
- 2 1/2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups organic chickpeas
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach or kale, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups organic green peas
- 1-2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3 TBSP Yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- Rinse and sort through the dry chickpeas
- Cut the skin off the squash, remove seeds and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to your crock pot except for the green peas and spinach
- Cook on high for 6 hours
- About 20-30 minutes before serving add green peas and spinach and stir
- Serve over brown basmati or jasmine rice or quinoa
- Top with fresh cilantro, mint or basil
Cindy Wiedmeyer Williams: My boys LOVE their grandma Rita’s homemade canned tomato soup with a grilled Widmer’s Cheese Cellars Brick Cheese sandwich! I don’t have mom’s jarred soup here, but I do have the five ingredients to Brooke Thomas’ Thankful 30 Tasty Tomato Soup! IN the crockpot they go for 4 hours on high and OFF to the grocery store I go for EarthFare’s amazing non-bromated sourdough bread!
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth (you can use veggie broth to make it vegan)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can coconut full fat milk
- 2 TBSP real butter
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, spices to crock pot and stir well.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours
- Add coconut milk and butter and stir
- If soup is too chunky after it has cooked you can blend soup here using a high speed blender or immersion blender
Becky Tucker Cash: Brooke Thomas, my Kate is making your Molten Cake and she is very happy to let everyone know that you can use Coconut Flour instead of Almond Flour
I thought this idea from this fabulous group of ladies was genius. Why not get together a few of your friends and do a soup swap. Make several soups all at once then send everyone home with a container full!
There is something about Brooke Thomas. Your healthy crockpot cookbook is amazing we made four of your soups this weekend and it was DIVINE. Lisa Caldanaro Smith, Michelle Carrillo Massa, Janelle Devlin, Whitney Hein
Sometimes those pictures make me laugh.
Alex hein:We’re having a Brooke Thomas night and didn’t even plan it!!!!! 😜 quinoa casserole (from her AMAZING crock pot cook book) and black bean brownies for desert(from her thankful 30 cook book)!!!! Love you Brooke! Thanks for making eating healthy, delicious and easy!!!!
Always those pictures remind me that so many of you are in this journey with me! We aren’t alone in our struggle or our successes.
Janet Wenzel Tamassia: Brooke, Your Detox Salad recipe in your Thankful 30 Recipe Guide is one of my go-to recipes! It is so yummy and really helps me through my Shaklee 5-Day Resets…I can make it at the beginning of the week and it lasts for several days! I am so grateful for you and this community of women who support one another in our missions to be healthier and have healthier families. 😘
From time to time I love to share pictures with you so you can see my family favorites.
Paleo Chicken Cacciatore!!!?? YES! I am here to help! One of the many reasons my husband, Brett LOOKS SO GOOD at 50!You can have all the yummy dinners without the extra “junk” I promise!! And, the junk leads to looking and feeling old and tired… trust me! This meal is so delicious and SIMPLE and Healthy! I thought I would share what we made tonight and one of my hubs favs from my book! The Crockpot Is definitely my secret weapon in the kitchen for sure! It was like a 5 minute prep time and I came home to a house that smelled like I cooked all night! That is my kind of cooking baby!!
- 1 large onion
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds chicken
- 1 16-ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can organic tomato sauce
- Thinly slice onion and place at the bottom of the crock pot
- Place chicken on top of onions and add tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Add the wine
- Add chopped mushrooms and peppers
- Add garlic, oregano and basil
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high
- Serve over quinoa noodles, zucchini noodles, squash or sweet potatoes
Thanks for another killer workout Burn Bootcamp style Kyle Jason Lane!! Super fun to workout with friends! Jordan Groomes Collier and Jen Polis Debe-you killed it!!! I am choosing total Joy and Happiness today in the midst of my sore body and loving every minute of it! The combo of my Shaklee 180 shakes, healthy “real” food and BBC workouts is a recipe for pure health and happiness! Also-If anyone needs some inspiration on an extremely healthy detox soup to have… Check out what’s in my crockpot right now from my Thankful 30 Crockpot Book! Smells Delish! 10 minute prep time max!
Those pictures from you are a reminder I am on the right path and should never lose faith! Thank you for that. Enjoy the recipes. Share the love with a friend. Let’s keep pushing each other to be our best selves.