Brookie's Bars - Better than a brownie or a cookie!
Better than brownies and cookies!
Write a review
- 1 cup Protein Powder (I use Shaklee Instant Non-Gmo Soy mix also Gluten)
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup of flax meal
- 1 cup Raw Honey**
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla
- 1 cup Almond Butter or Cashew butter
- Add-Ins (Add some or a small portion of all)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup Organic Chocolate
- 1 cup of Coconut
- 1 cup Gluten Free Brown Rice Crispies
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In sauce pan, bring honey to a boil then immediately remove from heat and add Almond Butter and Vanilla.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour Almond Butter mixture into bowl of dry ingredients and stir till combined. You may need to use your hands.
- Press down into ungreased 9 x 13 in. glass dish.
- Optional: Sprinkle shredded coconut on top if desired.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut into squares.
- You also can roll the mix into balls if you prefer and then cool them.
- Add Fruit to dry mix— ½ cup chopped dates, raisins, cranberries, or cherries
- Add Nuts to dry mix— ½ cup almonds, walnuts, pecans, or other nuts
- Add ½ cup Chocolate Chips ON TOP of mix after it is pressed into pan.
- Turn oven on Broil. Place bars into oven for 1 minute.
- Remove and use a knife to spread melted chocolate chips around on top of bars. Refrigerate.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/