Brooke's Blondie Bars
Write a review
- 1 cup Shaklee Instant Protein Soy Mix*
- *(Sometimes I use 1/2 cup of the Instant and 1/2 cup of the Shaklee 180)
- 1 ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup flax seed or flax meal
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla
- 1 cup Peanut Butter or Almond Butter***
Optional Add-Ins—Add some or all
- 1 cup nuts—slivered almonds, walnuts, etc.
- 1 cup of Coconut
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In sauce pan, bring honey to a boil then immediately remove from heat and add Peanut or Almond Butter and Vanilla.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour Almond/Peanut Butter mixture into bowl of dry ingredients and stir till combined.
- You may need to use your hands. Press down into ungreased 9 x 13 in. glass dish.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut into squares.
- You also can roll the mix into balls if you prefer and then cool them.
- Add Fruit to dry mix— ½ cup chopped dates, raisins, cranberries, or cherries Add Nuts to dry mix— ½ cup almonds, walnuts, pecans, or other nuts Add ½ cup Chocolate Chips ON TOP of mix after it is pressed into pan. Turn oven on Broil. Place bars into oven for 1 minute. Remove and use a knife to spread melted chocolate chips around on top of bars. Refrigerate.
- * I use the Shaklee Instant Protein Soy Mix for my bars. You can use any of the Shaklee protein powders for this recipe and it will come out pretty close to the same. The Instant Soy Mix Protein is flavorless and is a substitute for flour in other recipes. I keep this in my pantry as a staple. You can throw it in pancake, muffin, cookie or cake recipes. You can also add this to applesauce or oatmeal to make sure you or your kids are getting the protein that is needed for the day!
- If you choose to use Shaklee Instant Protein, your entire dish or protein bars will have 120 g of Protein that offers all of the amino acids, especially the 9 essential amino acids that your body does not produce on it’s own.
- ***If you use Almond Butter(I prefer) instead of Peanut Butter, you may want to cut back on the agave or it will taste too sweet! If you only have peanut butter, try to avoid PB with added sugar or preservatives. Get the Natural PB or Organic.
- ****Leucine helps with the regulation of blood-sugar levels, the growth and repair of muscle tissue (such as bones, skin and muscles), growth hormone production, wound healing as well as energy regulation.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/