Butternut Squash and Chickpea Coconut Curry
This is a wonderful meal during the fall and winter months when butternut squash is in season. I was inspired by this dish when I visited a good friend in NYC a few years ago and I haven’t stopped making it for my family since. I am a huge curry fan and putting it together with Chickpeas and Butternut squash makes for a super nutritious and delicious meal.
Write a review
- 2 ½ cups diced butternut squash
- 1 ½ cups organic chickpeas
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach, rinsed and roughly chopped
- (may use kale)
- 1 ½ cups organic green peas
- 1-2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 3 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
- (you can use your own blend of spices here)
- 1 tsp. sea salt, handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- (save some for serving)
- 1. Rinse and sort through the dry chickpeas.
- 2. Cut the skin off the squash, remove seeds and cut into
- 1 inch square cubes.
- 3. Add all of the ingredients to your crock pot except
- for the green peas and spinach.
- 4. Cook on high for 6 hours.
- 5. About 20-30 min. before serving add the green peas
- and spinach, and give a stir.
- 6. Serve over brown basmati or jasmine rice or quinoa
- topped with fresh cilantro, mint or basil.
- Chickpeas, also knows as garbanzo beans, are rich in fiber. According to the American Diabetes Association, they can also help reduce cholesterol levels.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/