Carolyn’s Sweet Massaged Kale Salad
I've been collecting healthy recipes from my friends and family because I'm so proud of their quests to prepare healthier food for their families. This recipe comes from my sweet friend Carolyn. This is one of her favorite recipes and her kids even love it! This is a perfect recipe for the warmer weather to take to cookouts or parties! Did you know that per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk? Calcium aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Try adding more kale into your diet to give your metabolism a healthy boost!
Write a review
- 1 large bunch of organic Kale, remove stalks and thinly slice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup EVOO, plus an extra drizzle
- 2 tsp raw organic honey, local honey is best
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango diced or 1 grapefruit segmented (any fruit will do here)
- 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl add the sliced kale, pour half of the lemon juice over it, a drizzle of EVOO and a pinch of the kosher salt. Massage the mixture until the kale leaves start to soften and wilt. This will take 2-3 minutes. DO NOT stop short on the time as the longer you massage it the more tender and soft the leaves will get. Set aside while you assemble the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining lemon juice, honey, and pepper. Stream in the ¼ cup EVOO while whisking until a dressing forms.
- Pour the dressing over the kale, add the fruit and pumpkin seeds and toss. Enjoy!
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/