Cauliflower Fried Rice
The Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe below can be used with or without the coconut flour. You can really change it up however you like. I LOVE this recipe because I really feel like I am eating "fried rice". Most recently, I made this as a side dish with fish, but I have also made it with chicken as a chicken and rice stir fry. I really hope you enjoy this as much as my family did! 🙂
Write a review
- 1 head of organic cauliflower, stem removed
- 1/2 red or yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Steam the cauliflower and put in a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the cauliflower down to the consistency of rice.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the Ingredient Mixture.
- Combine the two bowls and mix. Heat 3-4 Tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Then, pour the mixture into the skillet.
- *You only want to use coconut oil when cooking or frying at a high heat. Why? Coconut oil has a high smoke point. Some oils will start smoking at a low temperature and release their nutritional qualities. But, coconut oil retains its flavor and nutritional value at higher cooking temperatures.
- Fry cauliflower mixture for 7-10 minutes, and it will be good to go. 🙂
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/