Chicken Burrito Bowls
I don’t eat Mexican food very often, but I LOVE it! I do go to Chipotle at least once a month if I am going to eat “fast food” at all. I love being able to get the burrito bowls because I don’t have to worry about the carb load or gluten from the burrito. Try having a healthy Monday Mexican Night as a new tradition with this recipe. This is great to serve at a party too in cute bowls.
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1.5 lbs. of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup organic corn
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of the crock pot
- with coconut oil.
- 2. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot and add the chicken broth.
- 3. Combine the tomatoes and spices in a small bowl and mix well. Add the mixture in the crock pot.
- 4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 5. Add the black beans and corn for an additional
- 30 minutes if desired.
- 6. Shred the chicken in bite sized pieces with two forks. (You can do this in the crock pot.)
- 7. Serve in a bowl and add desired toppings.
- I love to add fresh avocados, salsa, goat cheese and a sliced lime.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/