I love living in North Carolina where we have beautiful weather all year long. Since I’m a Florida native, I get so excited when NC gets snow, and this week, we got almost 10 inches! With my husband and daughters snowed in with me, I am taking full advantage of building a snowman and sledding with them, plus I’m making special, healthy meals and treats for them.
For breakfast, I decided to make a new pancake recipe based on a recipe from my dear friend Gilda who makes the most awesome pancakes ever! My daughter Riley decided to write down Gilda’s ingredients so we wouldn’t forget 🙂 The only ingredient she forgot to write down was Vegan Chocolate Chips!
Here is how I made these incredible Gluten Free, Protein-Packed Chocolate Chip Pancakes that I served my family this morning.
- 1 cup of Gluten Free Pancake Mix (like Namaste brand or Pamela's brand)
- 1 cup Shaklee plant-based protein
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Gluten-Free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1.5 Cup of Flax Milk or Coconut Milk
- Mix all ingredients together until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mix into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Optional: you can pour a little maple syrup over the pancakes if you wish.
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free