We’ve all been there…our in-laws and all of our families are visiting for Thanksgiving. Dinner isn’t served until 5, but everyone is scrounging around the kitchen. It happens every year, so I’ve decided this year, we will definitely be serving appetizers. Since kids are the ones that are always reaching for snacks before dinner, I wanted to make sure I provided a couple that would satisfy those little bellies. Below you’ll find two healthy and great appetizers to start your Thanksgiving off.
This Cranberry Pear Salsa combines tart cranberries, the sweetness of honey, and salsa ingredients to make a unique, but delicious treat for adults and kids. Use blue tortilla chips to dip or even use it for your Thanksgiving leftovers and make a turkey sandwich using the salsa as a spread.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tsp stevia or xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of two limes
- juice of one orange
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Use your taste buds to determine what spices or ingredients you want to add, if any!