During these cold January nights, my girls love a cup of hot cocoa. It’s a sweet treat for them without all of the added sugar and preservatives of many commercial packaged brands. In fact, many of the popular pre-packaged hot cocoa mixes have artificial sweeteners, dyes, and many unnecessary ingredients. Play it safe and make your own! It’s easy and quick!
- 5 cups vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp dark organic chocolate chips
- Dairy-Free Whipped Cream (optional)
- Add the chocolate chips to a mini food processor or coffee grinder to make shavings.
- In a saucepan, add the almond milk and chocolate shavings and bring to a boil.
- Add more chocolate if you prefer it to be more "chocolaty." Stir until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Serve in mugs and top with Dairy-Free Whipped Cream.
- Dairy Free