Easter is only a few days away, so I decided to do something fun to get ready for the holiday. I invited my VP of Marketing, Eva Rumble, and her two daughters over for an “egg dipping party” to make simple, delicious Krispy Dipped Eggs with me and my daughters, Reagan and Riley. Our girls loved molding the eggs and then dipping them into chocolate and coconut.
These eggs are a healthier version of a Rice Krispie Treat without all of the extra additives, preservatives and processed sugars. Plus, they are Gluten Free, Nut-Free, Dairy Free, and Vegan. I promise your kids will love the taste, and they will have a great time constructing the eggs! This is such a creative way to make a healthy Easter treat that also displays beautifully. This recipe only has a few ingredients, and it does not take long to make. So, grab your family and make these sweet treats for your Easter gatherings this year!
- 4 1/2 cups of Gluten Free rice cereal (I used One Degree Organic Veganic Sprouted Brown Rice Cereal.)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup of sunbutter
- 1 tbls. organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups of chocolate chips, melted (I used Enjoy Life Mega Chunks. They are Vegan and Dairy, Nut and Soy Free.)
- 1 tbls. coconut oil
- Pour the rice cereal in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Bring maple syrup to a slow boil over medium low - medium heat, just until bubbles form around the pan.
- Once maple syrup is at a low boil, mix in the sunbutter and the vanilla. Stir until smooth consistency.
- Pour wet ingredients into cereal and stir until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into empty Easter egg containers. Fill each side just above level so that the mixture holds together when it sets. Close the egg completely - you will need to squeeze it tight.
- Place filled egg in the refrigerator for at least 30 min to 1 hour to set. Once set, gently open the egg containers and remove the Krispy eggs. You can serve them plain, or you can dip them in the melted chocolate + one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- The girls dipped their eggs in chocolate and shredded coconut.