Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix with Dairy Free Whipped Cream
This is a great cake to use during the holidays, for a birthday, or whatever occasion that you need a little chocolate goodness in your life! We have several decorating options, including our delicious Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Shaklee Instant Protein
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder (it’s a superfood!)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark organic chocolate chips
- 1 cup raw honey
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray or grease your cake pan. We used a cake pop, gingerbread, and snowflake silicon pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao powder, sea salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips) in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (honey, eggs, and vanilla). Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until well combined. Pour the batter into your cake pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes depending on size. (We had to keep a watch on our since we were using several different shapes). At the 15 minute mark, use a knife and insert into the middle to see if the knife comes out clean. If so, the cakes are done.
- Let cool before icing or decorating. We used honey to drizzle and then sprinkled shredded coconut. We also used our Dairy Free Whipped Cream and All-Natural Peppermint Chips. We also made cake pops using cake pop sticks.
- Gluten Free