Dairy Free Whipped Cream Frosting
Both of these recipes are wonderful on cookies, cakes, or brownies. It is a wonderful alternative to Cool Whip or fatty icing. Get the kids involved, they will love helping you color the icing and then icing their cookies!
Write a review
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Cream together the coconut oil, honey, extract, and sea salt. If the mixture seems runny, place it in the fridge for a few minutes to help it set.
To naturally color any of the frosting/icing
- For Red Icing: Place the frosting/icing in a mini food processor with fresh strawberries. Mix well.
- For Green Icing: Place the frosting/icing in a mini food processor with fresh baby spinach. Mix well. (Don’t be scared, the spinach will not add any flavor to the icing…just don’t let the kids see you do it!)
- Scoop out the thickened coconut cream and leave the water in the bottom of the can.
- In a mixing bowl, whip all ingredients together using a hand mixer. This will form whipped cream.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge overnight and this will form a frosting like consistency.
- Dairy Free
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/