Crockpot Chicken Salad
I have been making this salad for 10 years. It's a real crowd pleaser. I've been asked about the recipe but have never written it down. Well, here you go. Better late, than never right?
Write a review
- For crockpot
- 5 lb. chicken breasts (bone-in will have more flavor, but either is fine)
- Freshly ground pepper, and sea salt to taste
- 6 Tbs dill weed
- 4 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- (OR 1 cup Vegenaise to replace the sour cream and mayo)
- 4 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup of craisins or grapes
- Fill slow cooker less than half way with water. Wash chicken breasts and lay in slow cooker in the water.
- Spread 3 Tbs. of dill weed in the crock pot and 2 Tbs. of garlic powder. Mix the chicken and seasoning around to coat in water.
- Put on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and squeeze out any liquid in the chicken. (I use gloves).
- Shred chicken in a bowl and add the sour cream and mayo (or vegenaise option) and also add the left over dill weed, garlic powder, pecans and craisins or grapes.
- Stir and mix well and you will end up with amazing Chicken Salad.
- Store in fridge.
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/