We love Wild Mahi Mahi in our home, so I am always trying new recipes to change it up and have some variety. My girls love helping me with this recipe, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes of prep time! When I started having my girls (ages 5 and 8) help me with dinner, I noticed it was so much easier to get them to be excited about dinner. They talk about how much they LOVE what “they” help to make! Try it! I promise you will have great success.
Costco carries Wild Caught Mahi Mahi that is:
- Wild Pacific Mahi-Mahi
- Boneless, skinless
- Center cut portions, 4-8 oz each
- Individually vacuum-packed & quick frozen
- Kept frozen
- 3 lb resealable bag
- 4 Wild Caught Mahi Mahi fillets
- 1 cup of Macadamia nuts, chopped (We used a hand held chopper that my 5 year old, Riley, loves to help with.)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (We use Native Forest Coconut Milk because the can is BPA free.)
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper
- Coconut oil to coat baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the fish with the salt and pepper first.
- Have a 13 X 9 baking dish lightly coated with coconut oil and ready to place the fish on.
- Pour the macadamia nuts in one bowl and milk in another bowl.
- Dip one side of the fish in the milk, the dip it in the nuts and place in the dish. Complete steps for all 4 Mahi Mahi filets.
- Bake fish for 20 minutes.
My 5 year old feels so proud chopping anything!
Here, she is chopping the macadamia nuts in our hand chopper.
My 8 year old is dipping the fish in the coconut milk and then in the macadamia nuts!
Dinner was accomplished!
We were all ready, and guess what? It was so easy and quick that we never felt like we were “slaving away in the kitchen”.
This is a great Mother/Child activity that will make them feel excited about preparing dinner with you!