Vegan Power Seed Bars
By now, this audience is well aware that my family and I love grab-n-go snacks and treats. I thought it was time to come up with a new grab-n-go treat. These raw bars contain SO many nutritious ingredients and are so delicious. This was the first time I had purchased and worked with a real vanilla bean, but it was so easy! I purchased it from a local spice shop and it was relatively inexpensive (3 for $5). The flavor from the bean was incredible! If you aren’t able to find whole vanilla beans in your area you can use 3 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (1 teaspoon is equal to one 2-inch piece of vanilla bean and 1 typical vanilla bean will equal 3 teaspoons extract). Another first for me was using coconut nectar. It is a low glycemic sweetener and adds such a sweet flavor.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup of raw tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
Put these below in mixing bowl
- 1 cup of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of craisins, gogi berries or dried berry of choice
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- pinch of salt
- Blend coconut nectar, tahini, coconut oil and vanilla bean in a blender and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, hemp), coconut, berries, cacao, and salt.
- Add the wet mixture from the blender to the dry mixture and combine well. Put half of the mixture back into the blender and mix again.
- Press into a pan then store in freezer until firm. Cut into squares and store in fridge or freezer. The bars can last for about a month.
- Vegan, Gluten Free
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/