Simple Spaghetti Sauce with Beef
Write a review
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 lb. grass fed ground beef
- 28 ounces organic crushed tomatoes
- **Note: I prefer 28 ounce cans of Eden Organic Whole Roma Tomatoes, peeled with no salt added.
- 28 ounces organic whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- **Note: I prefer 28 ounce cans of Eden Organic Crushed Tomatoes.
- 2 large crushed cloves of garlic
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbs. oregano
- 2 tbs. basil
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Spread the 2 tbs. of Coconut Oil in the bottom of the crock pot and turn it on low.
- Chop all fresh veggies and throw in the bottom of
- crock pot.
- Brown the beef very lightly on a large skillet set to medium-low heat. You can leave it a little pink so that it doesn’t overcook.
- Add beef and all other ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- I always brown beef or turkey before I put it in the crock pot. It’s better to be safe than sorry when dealing with raw meat. My new favorite crock pot is the new browning models on the market. The stove top safe DuraCeramic pot allows you to brown and saute in the same pot prior to slow cooking. No need to use a separate pan!
360 Your Life with Brooke Thomas https://360yourlife.com/